Monday, October 1, 2007

Who Am I and How Did I Get Here?

In 1999 my husband, our two sons and I relocated to Westmoreland, a small rural community just outside of Keene, and now, eight years later, I can't imagine living anywhere else!

I've survived well over a decade of being a HockeyMom--endless car rides, freezing cold ice rinks, stinky sports gear--I still love to watch them play, I've met some of my closest friends in ice rinks, and I can still lace up skates like a pro! As far as my skating skills go...well, let's just say I lace 'em better than I race 'em.

As a young mother I worked a variety of different jobs that enabled me to be home with my boys--from selling tupperware to writing a weekly "happenings-about-town" column to bartending.

My iPod playlist includes songs by Lyle Lovett, Harry Connick, Jr., Steely Dan, James Taylor, Lenny Kravitz, Frank Sinatra and Black Eyed Peas and, yes, I loaded the songs to my iPod all by myself!

I lived in New York, Argentina, England, Brazil, New Jersey and Massachusetts--all before I turned 16!

I've been re-designing and staging interiors since I was a little girl making my own dollhouses out of shoe boxes. I loved it so much that I eventually took classes to combine that passion with real-life design skills and techniques! Of course, I should mention that I took those classes with the one who inspired me in the first place--my Mom! We studied, we practiced on friends and family, then we jumped in and started our own interior redesign and staging business. We called it A Suitable Arrangement, and we focused on helping our clients use furnishings and decorative accents they already owned to create the interiors they always wanted but weren't able to achieve. Our tag-line was: You've Got What It Takes...All You Need Is A Suitable Arrangement! Just as things were really taking off with our business my Mom became ill, which took priority over continuing to grow our fledgling business. When we lost her, time stood still for a while. But difficult times often lead us down unexpected paths, and when I became reacquainted with the Realtor who worked with my mother on the purchase of her home here in NH, my life changed again. With this person's guidance, support and friendship I was able to "redesign" my career (incorporating skills and talents I already possessed, of course!). And now, almost three years later, I am blessed to be working with my mentor, who also happens to be my broker, and, most importantly, has become one of my dearest friends. Unexpected paths, indeed!

Before I became a Realtor, I'd had some really great experiences with real estate professionals and some really horrifying ones. The best thing I gained from the horrifying ones was the determination and drive to make sure that I always do everything in my power to be an EXCELLENT one!

I believe that buying or selling a house is a Very Big Deal...regardless of whether it's your first time or your fiftieth.

I'd be honored to help you with your Very Big Deal.